- What diseases does an infectious disease doctor treat?
- What is the rarest disease on Earth?
- What are the 4 types of infectious diseases?
- What is a common infectious disease?
- Which is the most common reportable infectious disease?
- What are the 10 most common diseases?
- What are three infectious diseases?
- What are 5 diseases caused by bacteria?
- What are the five signs of an infection?
- What is the number one deadliest disease?
- What are the 5 most common infectious diseases?
- What infectious disease causes the most deaths?
What diseases does an infectious disease doctor treat?
Infectious disease specialists see patients suffering from but not limited to:Blastomycosis.Bone and joint infections.Complicated urinary tract infections.Heart valve infections.HIV/AIDS.Lyme disease.Malaria and other tropical diseases.Measles, Mumps and Rubella..
What is the rarest disease on Earth?
RPI deficiency According to the Journal of Molecular Medicine, Ribose-5 phosphate isomerase deficiency, or RPI Deficinecy, is the rarest disease in the world with MRI and DNA analysis providing only one case in history.
What are the 4 types of infectious diseases?
A variety of microorganisms can cause disease. Pathogenic organisms are of five main types: viruses, bacteria, fungi, protozoa, and worms.
What is a common infectious disease?
Listed in the directory below are some of these diseases, for which we have provided a brief overview. HIV/AIDS. Chickenpox. Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. Common Cold.
Which is the most common reportable infectious disease?
Among persons aged greater than 65 years, TB was the most commonly reported notifiable disease (16.3). Age-specific data about chlamydial infections were not available for 1995.
What are the 10 most common diseases?
Heart disease. Share on Pinterest Many of the top 10 causes of death are preventable through lifestyle changes and regular checkups. … Cancer. Deaths in 2017: 599,108. … Unintentional injuries. … Chronic lower respiratory disease. … Stroke and cerebrovascular diseases. … Alzheimer’s disease. … Diabetes. … Influenza and pneumonia.More items…
What are three infectious diseases?
Protect yourself and your family from preventable infectious diseasesCoronaviruses. … Diphtheria. … Ebola. … Flu (Influenza) … Hepatitis. … Hib Disease. … HIV/AIDS. … HPV (Human Papillomavirus)More items…
What are 5 diseases caused by bacteria?
Bacterial diseaseBacteria.Infectious disease.Cholera.Leprosy.Tuberculosis.Plague.Syphilis.Anthrax.More items…
What are the five signs of an infection?
Know the Signs and Symptoms of InfectionFever (this is sometimes the only sign of an infection).Chills and sweats.Change in cough or a new cough.Sore throat or new mouth sore.Shortness of breath.Nasal congestion.Stiff neck.Burning or pain with urination.More items…
What is the number one deadliest disease?
1. Coronary artery disease (CAD). The number one deadliest disease is CAD, responsible for 15.5% of all deaths worldwide. And mortality rates have been increasing, with a significant jump from 6 million deaths in 2000 to 8.8 million deaths in 2015.
What are the 5 most common infectious diseases?
The 5 Most Common Infectious DiseasesHepatitis B. According to current statistics, hepatitis B is the most common infectious disease in the world, affecting some 2 billion people — that’s more than one-quarter of the world’s population. … Malaria. … Hepatitis C. … Dengue. … Tuberculosis.
What infectious disease causes the most deaths?
Lower respiratory infections remained the most deadly communicable disease, causing 3.0 million deaths worldwide in 2016. The death rate from diarrhoeal diseases decreased by almost 1 million between 2000 and 2016, but still caused 1.4 million deaths in 2016.